My Gateway is Offline
Warning: When your gateway is offline we cannot tell what is happening with your loggers. You must fix this problem for Clever Logger to work.
An offline gateway alarm is simply a indication that the gateway has stopped responding to your network.
Whilst your gateway is offline, the loggers will continue to record using their own back up memory. Once you have reconnected your gateway, your loggers will send the information collected during that period of time.
We recommend setting an offline gateway delay for 5 minutes as you want to be notified of this issue as soon as possible.
It used to be online, now it isn't:
The worst case scenario is a loss of power to the site.
Your fridge etc. are now at risk.
The second cause is your internet access is down.
Your fridge etc. should be fine, but we cannot be sure.
Your business may also be impacted if the internet is not fixed by start of business.
Only the Clever Logger gateway is not working.
Your fridge etc. is fine but we cannot be sure.
Read the next section for instructions on how to fix this.
And then there’s the unexpected network change where they forgot we existed…
By this we mean things like:
- Wi-Fi password has changed. If so, reconfigure the Wi-Fi in the gateway
- Someone disconnected the cable at the router or switch (very likely in large organisations)
- IT turned on new security rules because they can
- Someone cut the network cable in the roof (don’t laugh, it happened)
I can't connect my gateway in the first place:
– No power – LEDs on
– Physical connection – switch – LEDs showing connectivity.
Gateway / firewall blocking it: Link to IT information