Using the Clever Logger App to connect your Gateway to Wi‑Fi
You will need two things ...
1. The Clever Logger app installed on your phone
2. The Wi‑Fi password
This is often on a sticker on the bottom of your modem/router. Alternatively, you may need to ask your IT people to supply it.
If you’re not sure if the password you have is correct, you can try to connect your phone to the network first, using that password. If that works, the Clever Logger will normally have no problems.
Install the Clever Logger app
The Clever Logger App is available for both iOS and Android.
Search for “Clever Logger” in the appropriate app store.
Log into the App
When you first open the app, you will see a form asking for your email address.
Enter your email address in the App. You will receive a email from Clever Logger with a six-digit authorisation code. Enter the code into the app and follow the instructions.
You only need to do this once.
Use the app to connect to Wi‑Fi
Reboot the Gateway by pulling the power cable out and putting it back in.
After about 40 seconds, the power light on the end of the Gateway will begin to flash slowly, like the illustration below.
Tap the button that says I just turned my Gateway on.
The app will search for the gateway details.
If the app does not find the gateway, reboot the gateway and try the process again. Make sure the phone is close to the gateway while trying to make the connection.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is not plugged in.
- Test the Wi‑Fi network by checking that you can see and connect to it on your smartphone.
- Reboot the Gateway by pulling the power cord out and putting it back in, or by switching the power off and on at the wall.
- Click on the settings icon in the top right of the app screen and choose Refresh.
- Check with your IT department as to whether they have restrictions on devices connecting to Wi‑Fi. e.g. MAC address filtering.
- You have the latest version of the App installed by searching Clever Logger on your App store/Google Play store and checking for updates
- If you received an “Error Writing Command Packet” error notice, this usually means the password you have entered is incorrect. Check the password is correct by attempting to connect to the same Wi‑Fi normally on your phone.
- If you receives an “Error Unable to connect – timed out”, unplug Gateway for 10 seconds and then plug it in and attempt from Step 3.
- Try installing the app on a different phone and trying the process with that phone.